Relearning My Home Area
Returning to Missouri after 10 years in western Washington and 4 in Idaho is an interesting experience. The most obvious difference is that the trees are so short!
The birds are different. I saw a flycatcher the other day!
The weather is different - I'd not missed humidity in the summer time. That, and tornado season, and chiggers kept me happily away for all these years.
My mom is delighted that I'm back, and my sister is relieved. (My brother is still in Oklahoma.) And I am content that moving back was the right thing to do.
I'm kind of excited to get out the field guides and relearn the local trees, plants, birds, and animals.
Any other nature nerds here?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter