Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

Stinkin' Rose (-: — The Grow Network Community
We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.

- Coco

Stinkin' Rose (-:

FergFerg Currently United States, Appalachia. Previously Great Lakes, GNYMA, Germany.Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Vegetables

There's a restaurant in San Francisco by that name - the entire menu is dedicated to the preparation of marvelous garlic dishes.

For the first time ever, I have garlic. Yes, it's only two heads, but it's two cloves from two very green-and-sprouting toes i planted last fall. And it's two heads of garlic more than I had before. They're small, but tasty.

Just had to share. Small excitements.

Comments

• shepherd-tishshepherd-tish Posts: 12 ✭✭✭

Those small excitements are good day brighteners. Congratulations on your 2 heads of garlic. :-)

• JodieDownUnderJodieDownUnder Moderator Mid North Coast AustraliaPosts: 897 admin

@Ferg what a great name for a garlic restaurant, have you eaten there? Good for you with your successful garlic, imagine what you can do next season. I hadn't really grown it before seriously but this season I dedicated 1 raised bed to garlic. Planted 48 cloves and 44 are looking good. I've heavily mulched with sugar cane and can't wait for Nov to harvest.

• FergFerg Currently United States, Appalachia. Previously Great Lakes, GNYMA, Germany.Posts: 290 ✭✭✭

@jodienancarrow YUM! A friend gave me the scapes from her hard garlic a few years ago, and I pickled them. They were wonderful! crunchy, spicy, yummm. Maybe at some point I will try those as well.

• FergFerg Currently United States, Appalachia. Previously Great Lakes, GNYMA, Germany.Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

thank you so much @shepherd-tish (-: Yes, the small things everyday keep us sane. Well, me, at least (-: Today it was the early morning FEED ME insistance from the Feline IN Charge, which led me to looking out my back door and watching the mist rolling with the very beginnings of the sunrise. Gorgeous! And the temps were a nice 15 deg F cooler than they were when I got outside for 'real' later in the morning. Also wonderful.

• JayleneJaylene Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

Those look beautiful and I would be very excited too!