Plant Thorn Arthritis
Anyone had plant thorn arthritis? My brother was working with an acacia tree and got a thorn in his index knuckle, the thorn seemed to come out but a month later he still has swelling, pain and inflammation in the joint.
Google says the only treatment is surgery - has anyone had this? Worried about the fragments causing permanent damage to the joint.
Any home remedies you could recommend instead? Kinda scary right now.
Also just made me realise the value of good gloves -this is a serious and common problem with gardeners working with thorny plants!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter