Cheap Gardening Book on Amazon Today

Megan Venturella
Megan Venturella Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭

Only $1.99 for the kindle version. I’ve never read it before but it looks good and you can’t beat the price. I just started browsing through it. Sorry this isn’t a link.

Comments

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

I have the hard copy of this book. Really good book with lots of tips and inspiration. For this price every time I would buy.

• dalans
    dalans Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

I wish Amazon had more of it's Kindle versions at a cheaper price. I realize that Authors need to be fairly compensated for their work. In hardback and paperback books, there are also the publishing and shipping costs to make up. In Kindle versions there are no publishing or shipping fees to contend with. I know there probably is some cost to change it to a digital version, and to audio, but that would be a one time charge. Then everything after that would be pure profit.

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had gotten a copy with Kindle Unlimited. Read through it and decided to grab a hard copy.

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

@RustBeltCowgirl nothing beats a hardcopy of a book for me.

• dalans
    dalans Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

On books that I want to keep for reference, I always get the hard copy. With books that I'm just reading for entertainment or to pass the time, I always get a digital version, as my house is small and I don't have room for a lot of books.

• SandraKay
    SandraKay Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

I got this book a few years ago and would buy again- in fact I only have the kindle version- I may just get the hard copy also

• Megan Venturella

It definitely appears to be worth purchasing as a hard copy- but in the meantime, the digital version has been interesting. The section on cheese was GREAT.

• SherryA
    SherryA Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

Got it! Thank you. I prefer paper books. Especially books that I might need when the power is out! But for $1.99, I'll check it out on Kindle. 😊

• Lisa K
    Lisa K Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Megan Venturella thanks for the heads up - both Amazon and Barnes & Noble have the eBook for $1.99. I am like @SherryA and prefer actual books but I like to save money (not to mention space in my bookshelf 😀)

• Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 187 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how this is different from his 2010 book?

• Megan Venturella

I think this one is a collection of 5 different books of his. So it will likely include his 2010 book as well as a few others.

• marcy_northlightsfarm
    marcy_northlightsfarm Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I thought I missed the sale because the book came up full price. Then I clicked on the Brett L. Markham page and bingo there it was on sale!

• danielle.meitiv
    danielle.meitiv Posts: 30 ✭✭✭

I prefer the hardcopy of books like this but for $1.99 versus $45 I'm in! Thanks for the tip