Earthen or Burried Homes?
My husband used to work as a contractor and is always "brainstorming" ideas about how to live what he calls "modern sustainable". Meaning we can still enjoy modern amenities without the practices of modern waste.
So, he has planns for a submerged earthen house. We know several family's who have done this and maintain a temp of 50-60° all season in eastern Utah!
This type of house would also need to be heated year round via an efficient geothermal, water, coal stove, or slow and low burning fuel.
Perks: we can also plant a garden on the roof!
I absolutely love the idea of this and want to share for others out there looking to reduce their waste, reduce living expenses, and live more efficiently than ever!
If you have an earthen or burried home please share!
If you also like this idea, let me know! I am wondering what the interest level is in this type of thing. (Who knows I might add it to my YouTube channel one day, lol).
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter