Traying Up My Fall Seedlings
Has anyone ever tried growing seedlings for Fall under grow lights, a window, or in a greenhouse?
I have never done it before. I always just went the direct seed route in mid-Summer for my Fall varieties. But this morning I decided to give it a try for the types of plants which I know will withstand being transplanted in the garden later next month or early September.
So this morning I started several varieties of lettuce, some spinach, a different variety of kale (than what I already have growing), some snow peas (which I do not think will work but I am going to find out), some more cabbage, carrots and beets plus a few new things which I have never planted before.
If you've ever done it, what was your success/failure rate?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter