Goat or Farm Animal Enrichment
Hi there ya'll,
While in my zoo days, we provided the animals with all sort of enrichment items. Bamboo filled with crickets/bug for the birds. Large clumps of grass, palm fronds for primate nest building. The carnivores loved mints, basil and aromatic herbs. Just a joy to see them play.
We even made toys/feeders for the farm animals. The goal was to not just give an animal food, but to encourage the animal to forage.
Just curious...does anyone make toys or fun feeders for their animals?
We made a swing for a chickens...they ignored it. haha. The chickens loved the frozen fruit.
We have built climbing structures for the goats. I'm considering a boomer ball type thing. Just to give them something to do. Goats are so curious. Our gals are sweet and we love our herd dearly. Having activities during the day is great for all kids. =)
What do you do for your critters?
Thanks for reading.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter