Do you feel that canning is a necessary skill?
So background is, no one ever taught me to can. And while I'm all about learning new skills on my own (which is what I've done for most I have), canning scares the heck out of me.
I usually just freeze or lacto ferment items items that I want to preserve. But in getting pushback from some local acquaintances that without knowing how to properly can I'm not prepared enough should a SHTF issue arise.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter