Have a listen: Marjory Wildcraft Interview on Wickedly Smart Women Podcast

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,613 admin
edited December 2020 in Other Courses

I discussed growing food with Emerald Greenforest. We covered EVERYTHING. From grocery store supply-chain to what inspired me to start The Grow Network.

Who knows what our pandemic is about but we can all start growing our own food. Whether you have millions or pennies in the bank, growing your own food is like printing your own money.

In this talk, you'll learn about my prediction of the impending economic collapse, what's going on with commercial agriculture, and opportunities we all have to make a difference.

Have a listen. Share your thoughts. Tell your friends. 😊

_

GET EMPOWERED TO GROW YOUR OWN FOOD—WITH MARJORY WILDCRAFT - EP41:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-empowered-to-grow-your-own-food-marjory-wildcraft/id1479603286?i=1000476617806

Comments

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Job, Marjory. I'm forwarding the link to several friends.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hi @RustBeltCowgirl thanks so much for spreading the word. The Grow Network is all about stopping the destruction of the Earth via homegrown food and the more people who catch on to that idea, the better! LOL

• RustBeltCowgirl

@Marjory Wildcraft I'm way on board with that one. I have a group of like minded friends who see what's looming on the horizon. Plus I pull info from an entirely different source. I'm into historical reenactment (Middle Ages) and pull from the 50+ years of research from that base.

• Marjory Wildcraft

@RustBeltCowgirl Hey, can I ask you a question? I'm looking to verify some historical concepts I thought I read a while back (and dang it! I didn't save the references). It may have been after the middle ages...

But here is what I read and I've since really wanted to verify it. I hope you have some insights or ways to verify.

You know how the Royalty had huge families. Sending off one son to the military, one to the clergy, one or two in the royal courts (the equivalent of politics today). They would strategically marry off daughters for various alliances. What I had heard, was they always kept the brightest, most intelligent son (it was always a son thing back then, LOL), anyway the took the most capable son and put him in charge of the family farms. Knowing full well the importance of a solid food supply .

Have you ever head of that?

• RustBeltCowgirl

@Marjory Wildcraft That I'm not sure of, but it would make sense. I would have to do a little research to verify about the son and farming. I would think a lot of time, positions like would go to nephews and cousins, depending on the amount of sons. I will let you know if I can find a direct answer to your question.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Thanks @RustBeltCowgirl please do ping me if you come up with something. I keep racking my brains for where I saw that reference...

• RustBeltCowgirl

@Marjory Wildcraft

Does this help any? If it doesn't, I'll dig a little more.

• RustBeltCowgirl

Sorry, everybody. Didn't mean to get a discussion going that highjacked this topic.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Marjory Wildcraft

oh yeah, I guess we have wandered.... but you know, I think it's OK. How many comments can there really be about the podcast interview anyway?

Your research above is very interesting. Yup, the highlighted comment about the Spaniards was exactly what I had heard. My impression was that the distribution of lands was not really the topic. It was more a discussion of who would best tend the land - a food suploly is hugely a critical thing.

whew, I'm getting tired. Have to get back to this when I'm fresh. :)

night, night

• Jannajo
    Jannajo Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Well, we CAN say quite a bit abt your WONDERFUL interview, it was Pure Marjory, very comrehensive, one of my favourites, Iceman Gardener recently, also, AND the book is getting good publicity, planned?

• John
    John Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

Regularly get your email, which I subscribe too, and I find so much great information-keep them coming forever.