Parthenium Integrifolium--Wild Quinine
Hello to all, I'm a new member.
I am obsessed with this miracle of the Earth. There was a discussion in April about this plant, but no one had much luck or info regarding it.
There is a treasure trove of info our there about this precious plant. The key to unlocking the door to this info is knowing that the substance of interest in the plant is PARTHENOLIDE. You can search the net for Parthenium Integrifolium until you're blue in the face , but you'll find nothing but nurseries, cultivation info, and brief citations for uses of minor interest.
While we in the U.S. are growing it because it's an attractive, stately native plant, Big Pharma-funded entities worldwide are feverishly working to corral the powers of Parthenolide into patentable medicines for everything from coronaviruses to cancers.
I settled in the midwest 8 years ago, and the plant grows on my property. Its lovely form attracted my attention last year, and when I saw the Latin name, it piqued my interest. Being into herbal medicine for over 40 years, I started to research, deeply. Lo and behold, busy little pharmacists in China, India, Iran, Germany and elsewhere are up to their eyeballs in studies on it. While most of the researchers are focusing on Tanacetum Parthenium (Tansy), Parthenium Integrifolium is a superior source of parthenolide, due to its lack of toxic constituents. Here's links to parthenolide research that should knock your socks off. PLEASE SHARE THIS INFO
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter