Adventures in High Performance Gardening 27 - Squash the Squash Bugs
Hey friends. We're back in another episode on tools, herbs, freeze dates, and pests.
I bought a new garden cart and we've got a 30x40 patch ready for equisetum hyemale (horsetail).
And since we're 3-5 weeks away from the first freeze date, there's lots of work to do:
- Time to take photos for national naked gardening day before it's too cold!
- Plan for protecting plants for the first freeze dates
- Harvesting, harvesting, and more harvesting
My squash bug problem is so BAD! Since I travel and can't really see the bugs, I need to dedicate some time to trimming off older leaves and picking these bugs off my precious plants.
Looking for more tips on how to grow your own food? Check out the entire Adventures series here: High Performance Gardening Episodes 1- 33
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter