Fire Cider

annbeck62
annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Herbal Medicine-Making

I just received my copy of Fire Cider by Rosemary Gladstar and Friends. I've been making my own fire cider for years and have been meaning to buy the book to support the cause more than anything else. After flipping through it I have to say I love love love this book. It is inviting and folksy and there are many variations I never would have thought of and can't wait to try. ( More jars filling up more cupboards and closets....)

Comments

• smik123
    smik123 Posts: 60 ✭✭✭

I have seen so many people posting their variations of fire cider. I think I have to try it. Thanks for the inspiration and I may check into the book as well.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

If you type fire cider in the search box, you will find other discussions about fire cider with alternative ingredients.

• Nicoleburba
    Nicoleburba Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

I use Margery's recipe for my fire cider. I keep making it non stop and take it daily.😀

• GardenMama
    GardenMama Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Fire cider is one of those things I never get tried of seeing variations on. Its absolutely fascinating to me to see how much it can vary

• Desiree
    Desiree Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

I started making Fire Cider a few years ago and now I have unfortunately made others addicted to it :)

I try to tell them how easy it is to make themselves but for some reason they don't want to and ask me for more and more. Right as the pandemic was beginning I had requests for gallons of the stuff since no one knew how long it would last. I started it but they had to decant it because I knew the world was going to lock down. Good thing I did because it did and they would have been without. What amused me was their reaction to decanting..."EWWW this stuff stinks!"...but once bottled they were back to lovin it!