Seed Saving DAILY
Since so many members here are interested in seed saving, why not post daily HERE what seeds you have collected today, found today or plants you are carefully nurturing in order to collect seeds from - to keep us all inspired and motivated. It's so easy to forget our goals in the daily buzy-ness.
I have been saving seeds for more than 25 years. In recent years I admit I have been lazy because it was so easy to buy them. So I just collected the seeds from plants and varieties I was really, really attached to and would be upset if I couldn't get them from a catalogue in the following year.
But like many others I'm making a new effort due to covid 19 and lockdown rules.
TODAY: I cleaned up the glasshouse and found some additional caigua fruit on the floor. The fruit were seconds, so I didn't bother about eating or harvesting for seeds. But today I did pick the seeds out and will test grow them. If they do grow into nice seedlings despite coming from less than optimal fruit, I'll donate the surplus plants to neighbours and schools (we're now out of lockdown and are allowed to share plants now).
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter