How much of a stash of cash is enough?
I was just reading the blog post about having cash on hand. I've been doing this for quite awhile but was having this discussion with a friend recently and we were trying to decide on how much cash to have on hand.
I do agree with some of the comments about how it is necessary to have credit cards for reservations for hotels, airlines, etc., in our current world. However, if the power grid fails, cards won't be of much use. I think, the idea of having barterable items or skills is a very good one.
Wondering what others might consider a good stash?
What do you think @Marjory Wildcraft?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter