Herbal gift pack/toolbox/first aid. What are your thoughts?
Since I've started making some herbal remedies for myself and my wife, I have managed to share my delight with friends and family. I given away most of the things I've made and people seem genuinely pleased. I figured that I should make up some batches of handy herbal remedies and pack them into a gift box or first aid kind of thing. That would come in handy for birthday presents, Xmas etc. So now I'm thinking, something for wounds, lip balm, burns, drawing out splinters, sore throat, tummy upset, bruises, infection etc. I was hoping to use fresh material that I grow or have access to myself. This would also increase my skill set and give me more confidence! So here's the list I came up with. I would appreciate any imput from others for things I might not have thought about or have any confusion about.
Nasturtium tincture for infection/colds Elderberry gummies for sore throat Peppermint, Calendula Lip Balm Calming Tea Blend (Lemon Balm, Rhodiola, Valerian, Camomile) All purpose salve (comfrey, plaintain, chickweed, yarrow) Dried plantain (so you can chew up to make a splinter poultice ) Mint/Ginger gummies for nausea Willow tincture for pain relief @torey very interested to hear your take on this!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter