My “laboratory” has arrived
The yard barn that will house my “lab” has been delivered. Okay, it’s not all mine. The deal I made with Dad was that I get the back 1/3 (6x12) of the 12X16 building. Where the man door is. He can have the front section for his Case lawn tractors and other stuff. There will be a full partition wall built to separate his section from mine. His stuff “creeps” a lot. Too many occasions I’ve heard “you can put it there” and then suddenly “you have to move it, it’s in the way”.
I’ll be bringing my camping equipment home from the storage locker, so I will have the Coleman camp stove and other things available. I’ll also be installing a small solar panel set-up off the back to learn how to deal with that. The back faces south. We have a 275 gal. IBC tote off the back of the 3 car attached garage (which isn’t big enough for his stuff) for water catchment.
Time to let the fun begin. That is, after I survive another annual Physical Inventory at the plant this week.
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter