Weed control with black plastic
On my! The weeds and grasses got totally out of control last year because of all the rainfall. This year is a nightmare trying to control in natural ways.
I hear talk about using silage tarps for weed control. I understand the method but I have a couple of questions regarding these tarps.
#1 Where does a person get hold of them? What are names for them? My search has not been very forthcoming. I’m in Canada
#2 What are the implications to the soil? Such as how toxic are they to the food we plan to grow? I believe some are UVray protected. We are trying to be as organic as possible.
Please share your experiences and ideas. I am asking specifically about the tarps not digging methods etc. I have to lessen the labour load as we have a huge garden and don’t use a tiller.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter