Home   |   About Us   |   GROW: The Book   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Shop   |   Forum Rules

Dr Duke's Database in Beta from NIH — The Grow Network Community
If you can tune into your purpose and really align with it, setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose, then life flows much more easily.

-Jack Canfield

Dr Duke's Database in Beta from NIH

FergFerg Currently United States, Appalachia. Previously Great Lakes, GNYMA, Germany.Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

I'm so thrilled to have just discovered that the database of Dr Duke (the ethnobotanist who recently passed away, sigh) is online.

https://phytochem.nal.usda.gov/phytochem

Comments

• Mary Linda BittleMary Linda Bittle Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

• frogvalleyfrogvalley Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

His garden is about an hour and a half from here. If you ever get up this way, let me know and we can visit.

• tomandcaratomandcara Colorado front range- Denver MetroPosts: 534 ✭✭✭

@frogvalley Where are you? Is this an open invitation for everyone to visit Dr Duke's garden with you?

edited August 3

🙂@tomandcara Open invitation? Why not? I've never been there, but really want to go. I've visited the Tai Sophia garden at Johns Hopkins before Duke donated his garden to them, so can't wait to visit. I live in the Washington DC area. Come on down 🙂

• tomandcaratomandcara Colorado front range- Denver MetroPosts: 534 ✭✭✭

@frogvalley Thank you for the invitation. If/when we are in the area I will send you a PM. Based on life and our current situation, it won't be in the foreseeable future. If/when you do go there, please let us know how the visit goes.

• FergFerg Currently United States, Appalachia. Previously Great Lakes, GNYMA, Germany.Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

@frogvalley I so wanted to visit before he passed. But I may be heading up that way in a couple of months, is it nice in the late fall?

• KarinKarin New ZealandPosts: 245 ✭✭✭

@Ferg thanks for sharing!! Great resource

• silvertipgrizzsilvertipgrizz Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ferg ditto thanks so much!

• CorneliusCornelius Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to check it out.

@Ferg Yes, it's beautiful here in the fall, although I don't know about visiting the garden as many thinks will be asleep my then. I'm of the mind that if it's the only time to visit - go for it and go back some other time too if you want.