I got my hunting and fishing permits today!
I had to wait 6 months to get a resident Idaho permit, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that moving back to Missouri only required 30 days of residency!
For 53.00, I got my resident fishing, trout, small game, migratory bird, and fall turkey tags. I'm being optimistic that I'll get to use all of them this fall, but at least I'll be ready. I don't normally hunt ducks and geese, so I'll still have to get a waterfowl stamp if I decide to do that, but I'm prepared for everything but deer, and I can get that tag later, for like 17.00.
@judsoncarroll4 , I'm checking out that Tenkara rod. I have a fly rod, and a spinning rod and reel that I need to get out of the storage unit and look over, but I really liked that idea, which was new to me.
There are trout streams in southern Missouri, and I really like crappie, filleted thin, rolled in cornmeal with a little salt and pepper, and then fried crispy in a cast iron skillet with lard. Just like my Granny did it!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter