Eggplant in a Meal: Well, that was somewhat of a fail........
I guess that I should preface this with the statement that my father is not very fond of unfamiliar veggies.
I got several small eggplants in my CSA box and tried a variation of Eggplant Parmesan. I chunked the eggplant, cooked up a pound of mild italian sausage and added homemade garden style spaghetti sauce. Baked in a 450F oven for an hour as a casserole dish. Melted slices of provolone on top.
It did not get a positive review from him. On the other hand, my mother loved it.
Sigh........win a few, lose a few.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter