Pickleworms and Squash Any Suggestions
My zucchini was growing so well and then what I think are pickleworms have bored into the stems. I bought seeds that are supposed to be resistant to vine borers and they seem to be. When one bores into the main stem the plant just keeps on growing as if nothing has happened BUT now my leaves are wilting and I find what looks like a pickleworm in each stem.
I'm so upset! I've put diatomaceous earth around them and sprayed my garlic water on them. I've even sprayed neem oil on them. Today I figured they were dying anyway so I mixed up some diatomaceous earth with water and used a baby medicine syringe to put some in all of the stem holes. It may help and then they might all die anyway.
Has anyone had any luck with them?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 36 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 29 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 367 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 467 Current Events & Breaking News
- 53 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 540 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 401 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 110 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter