Detergent from soapwort. How does one make it keep?
I have read different recipes about making detergent and washing liquid from soapwort. I have harvested the whole plant except roots. I want to have it next year as well. Then chopped. Boiled for 30 minutes, left it overnight. I will blender, strain and then??? I want it keep for a long time as I have made 6-7 Liters.
i have read one recipe that I should add vinegar against mould. Another recipe is with Alkohol. Could anybody, please, tell me proportions? Thank you!!!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter