Help! The choice I wasnt prepared for...

ToddB
ToddB Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

So, I've had a hose for years, untill I forgot to dehydrate before winter. Of course it was frozen, meaning broken.

Currently I can water my garden without a hose, but it's not that convenient as before.

When I came to a local gardening shop I realised, that the choice is big and I don't know ANYTHIN about hoses

Is there something I should pay attention to?

Cause I've been reeding articles about garden hoses (like this) and they say plenty of information and Im getting frustrated

any real user experience? Or should I just buy the cheapest one?

thanks in advance

cheers☺️

Comments

• tilathehunn
    tilathehunn Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

I would love to see recommendations...i had never thought to ask. Like Todd, i have no idea. Ty for posting Todd.

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ToddB First of all, welcome to TGN. There is plenty of help here, all you have to do is ask.

Here's Popular Mechanic for garden hose reviews.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

Welcome to TGN @ToddB! This is a great place to ask questions and get a variety of answers. I have to drain all my hoses every winter as I live in a northern climate. But a frozen hose doesn't mean its shot. You may need to replace an end but the hose itself might still be good. Even if it does have some leaks, you can add a few pinholes and turn it into a drip line.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome @ToddB !

I was looking at hoses last month as I too had an issue. My tiny bit of advice is to look at reviews to see what good and bad things you can glean. There was the cutest little red hose I was thinking of purchasing. Looked good to me. What did I know about hoses? Water went in one end and out the other. Well, after reading the reviews, my love affair with the little red hose ended rather abruptly. The biggest complaint was it kinked and you couldn't just whip it around to unkink even though it was advertised as unkinkable. That type of use never occurred to me to , but it hit home so it was pretty much a non-starter.