What extras do you add to Elderberry Syrup?
Getting ready to make the Elderberries syrup. Looking at some of the recipes and am now over whelmed.
Many people are adding all kinds of extra stuff. Blueberries, cherries, pears, cinnamon, ginger, cloves the list goes on and on. One lady even added kale.
I'm think maybe less is better than more. I know the syrup can be over powering but if I add all the extras is it more of a juice and would that be wrong? Please share your ideas cause I'm totally downing in all the recipes.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter