Has anyone tried the Gardening and Sustainable Living Bundle?

Acequiamadre
Acequiamadre Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Other Courses

I have not, but I would be interested in the quality of the resources and information.

It seems like it could be either worth it, or tons of "lightweight" ebooks that I would never buy in real life.

Has anyone tried this bundle (or others)? What was your opinion on the informational value of the resources of intermediate homesteaders?

Thanks

Comments

• Acequiamadre

It seems like many of the "books" are ~37 pages--not really in depth knowledge. But I only glances at a few.

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got it. There are e-courses in the bundle. Melissa Norris's Masterclass on Fermenting Vegetables, Wardee Harmon's dehydrating class and Victoria Pruitt's Sourdough class.

Look it over. It's not really badly priced at $28, including the cheatsheets per class. $20 if you go without the cheatsheets.

• Acequiamadre

Thanks for your reply.

How are the cheatsheets? Did you enjoy the classes? Are they more in-depth than the e-books?

• RustBeltCowgirl

Is there a particular item that you want the cheatsheet for? I will send you a copy of whatever you choose through PM later tonight.

• RustBeltCowgirl

Open link in new tab.

Cost per item with cheatsheets is: $.875 ($28 / 32)

Cost per item without cheatsheets is: $.675 ($20 / 32)

Hope this helps anyone curious.

• andrea745
    andrea745 Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing. I just bought it for $20 and downloaded everything. Now I am listening to a few of the courses because they expire in six months. I bought bundles before and did not watch the materials.

• SherryA
    SherryA Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

I have not bought this bundle, but I have bought others in the past. What I find is that I try to listen to the audio and watch the videos, but I rarely ever look at the ebooks after I have downloaded them. So I try to decide whether the ecourses alone would be worth the cost to me.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@andrea745 please let us know what you think when you can..i opened it just now and from the outside it looks interesting but money is short so outside references are important..thanks..

• I have it. I am an affiliate for them but I don't always buy all of the bundles. I did buy this one. I have found as far as the eBooks I have them all in a file folder labeled "ebooks" and then filed by topic so that I can sift through them and read the ones on whatever subject I am currently working on learning more about. I like to read so that works for me.

• Acequiamadre
    edited August 2020

Thanks for all of the thoughts. I decided to pass this time.

We use Tartine's method for sough dough. It works and makes amazing bread.

I just started fermenting and have a few books on it. I splurged on the gratuitous Mason Top fermenting kit with a 20% off coupon and a gift certificate to burn, so while the class seemed interesting, I knew I had several other resources. At times, I get new resources rather than use the ones I have; a habit i am trying to break.

We are still in process of building a solar dehydrator from Grow Food Well and until then I use my oven, an herb dehydrator, and the sun.

I was interested in the planning sheets--I have a few or have created a few of my own. Does anyone else use planning sheets to map out their garden, plan plant dates, etc? If so, what works the best for you? I will probably post this as a broader question as well.

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RustBeltCowgirl I thought they offered different classes in the bundle each year. Is it the same as the one you bought?

I bought it last year. When I was looking at the list for the 2021 bundle it had other stuff in it.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchase some of the ultimate bundles and pass on others,. It all depends on what they offer.

I usually do not get the cheat sheets but when I have they have helped. MY decision is based on content and if I think I need them.

I also put all ebooks in a folder so I can find them easier. They tend to be late night reading or winter reading.

@Acequiamadre I have used the garden planners. They are very basic, good for a new garden or gardener but I outgrew them very quickly. But for a free planner they were good. There are a lot of garden planners out there.

• RustBeltCowgirl

Yes, they do offer different stuff every year. This is a flash sale repeat of this year's (which allows people who passed on it earlier to purchase it now).

I had bought last year's also. Remember that the link page will time out after a certain time, so make sure that you download what you want before it goes. Make it easy on yourself, hit the download all button and it saves as a .zip file.