Stinging nettle seeds - my superfood
I love stinging nettle seeds - they are my superfood
Every year I collect a lot to last until the next collecting season. The seeds boost energy, cheer the mood, strengthen the whole body, help to recover after illnesses, burnout.
Do you know that Nettle seeds/nuts are a perfect aphrodisiac? The green Viagra? Not everybody knows that nowadays. Earlier they did know. I have read that in the middle ages men used a mixture of Nettle seeds mixed with egg yoke, pepper and onion. This mixture was strictly forbidden in monasteries 😊
For collecting I look for nettles with hanging down strings full of seeds - these are the female nettles, I cut off the top third of the nettle - the part with seeds, spread them on a sheet for drying. Once they are dry, I put on rubber gloves and brush the seeds/ nuts off the plants. I store them in glass containers. A small glass is always on our breakfast table starting with late autumn until spring. Summer is full of other super foods. We add seeds to salads, soups, spread on bread and butter or simply take a tea spoon per day. A wonderful boost of immune system, boost of energy, joy and food for the brain.
Do you use stinging nettle seeds?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter