Pen Pal Shopping
I'm pretty much amazed but I have been contacting several retirement homes, nursing homes etc. asking if they as a group home would like a pen pal or if they have any residents who do not get visitors or mail.
I just figured I am from the age where we ALWAYS wrote letters back and forth to our relatives, friends, etc. so I've been reading about some nursing homes are saying the worst part of this Covid crisis has been the lack of visitors or the lack of stimulation the guests are getting because activities have been curtailed.
So I figured I'll write letters and they can read them as a group or I"ll send it to just one or two residents of their (the management's) choice.
Do you believe this but so far I have had three facilities say "No!"
I've asked if there is some reason why and I get all kind of stupid idiotic answers but I mind my manners and try to explain why I wish to do this. I even volunteered to send the letters to their attention and they could read them first.
I'm totally at a loss what the problem is here. Anyone else ever run into this?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter