Anyone still have that long list of what I want to do on the homestead this year?
I think for everything I check off this year, 3 more go on!
I'm on hold on 4 big projects till I can get the supplies:
Need more pallets to finish the fence that runs around the 4 + acres right around the house. Need about 15 more to finish but on hold. This fence has metal post every other pallet, wired together and screwed with boarded across on the inside. Hoping this will slow the bears from coming in, and keep goat & sheep from getting out.
Need lumber to finish building in a porch to make it better in the winter. We get slammed but the wind (great when it's hot - not great when it's freezing out). We've had a small entry but want to add a 4 x 12 area.
Doing water tanks - different then we ever have.
Want to have solar or wood heat in that area, again wanting on wood.
Hope to get some delivered this week. Hope old man winter waits a few more weeks.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter