ID these berries: Bearberry (Uva Ursi) & Buffalo Berry (Soapberry)
Now, is this kinnikinnick/bearberry? We have two types in Manitoba, and I suspect this is Arctostaphylos uva-ursi. It looked similar to what is in my ID book.
What are these (below)? They have the thorns like a hawthorn, but the berries & leaves are certainly different. I can't seem to find them in my books.
These plants were both found in a very dry, sandy area.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter