Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

Planting Charts: Companions and Antagonists — The Grow Network Community
If you are raising heritage poultry, The Livestock Conservancy is doing a census and requests your help.

Planting Charts: Companions and Antagonists

monica197monica197 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Garden Design

Anyone have a favorite companion/antagonist planting chart they absolutely love?

Comments

• toreytorey Posts: 2,785 admin

Not a chart but I have a couple of books. Carrots Love Tomatoes and Roses Love Garlic.

• LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 3,774 admin

I have the two that @torey has. I could have bought a second copy of the one yesterday too.

• monica197monica197 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭

I will look into those - they sound familiar...

So I have been continuing to build my own chart that - as much as I can make it at this point - is zone specific to zone 9A. I spent the day researching different pests and what they look like and then labeling various garden plants with what they are susceptible to. Wow - what an education! I am glad I took the time to do this. I also learned that I have root-knot nematodes in my yard. That was an added bonus...and gives me another thing to work on out in the yard now.

edited November 2020

I have been continuing to work on my companion planting chart project - I think it is going to take me a while but it is coming along and I find I use it a lot.

But I thought I would ask:

Does anyone have a tried and true companion (or antagonist) that they seek to use (or avoid)?

And if you do, what is it? And what grow zone are you in?