Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

My Daily Digestive Bitters (DDB) Formula — The Grow Network Community
If you’ve never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden.

- Robert Brault

My Daily Digestive Bitters (DDB) Formula

judsoncarroll4judsoncarroll4 Posts: 3,413 admin
edited October 2020 in Herbal Medicine-Making

My Daily Digestive Bitters (DDB) Formula

Here is my DDB: Before each meal, I have a small sip (half a shot glass or so) of these pretty, orange colored Bitters.  

This regimen has improved my digestion, allergies, asthma and helps me better enjoy meals. The inspiration for these Bitters is Angostura, but I wanted Bitters that were more potent medicinally and far less sweet. They are still nice in a cocktail though, and just a few drops really perks up a glass of iced tea.

The formula is:

1/2 ounce ground Gentian Root

1/2 ounce ground Oregon Grape Root

The peel of 3 Mandarin Oranges

1 Cinnamon Stick

1 Star Anise

4-6 Cloves

1 chunk of Ginger

1 bottle vodka

Put your herbs and spices in a large jar, pour the vodka over. Store in a dark cabinet and shake daily.  

I let the herbs and spices steep in the vodka until the citrus peels sank to the bottom and turned dull in color, 3-4 weeks.

These Bitters are not sweet, but the spices and citrus mellows the sharpness of the bitterness. I've become very fond of them. Before I began taking these bitters, I would have an asthma attack after most meals, indigestion and gas pains. Sometimes, I would take one bite of food and it wouldn't go down... I would end up running to the bathroom and throwing up! That is NOT FUN. That has not happened since I began using the Bitters. A small sip of these Bitters made my life much better.  They also enhance my sense of taste and make meals more enjoyable.  

ENJOY!

https://southernappalachianbitters.blogspot.com/

Comments