Free Mini Class: Taste of Herbs. What's Your Herb Type?

Learning Herbs are doing a free online training about how to choose the right herbs. It's called “Getting Results With Herbs" and it starts today (but things are recorded for thoseof us who have to do things late/early/at other times).

It is 3-part livestream by author Rosalee de la Forêt. She will show you how to choose herbs by using your own senses.

"This is an ancient skill that’s simple to learn. 

Here are the topics for the 3 days:

• Part 1: What’s Your Herbal Type?
  • Part 2: Avoiding Common Mistakes With Herbs
  • Part 3: Your Blueprint for Herbal Success"

I signed up (it's free!) because I am completely unfamiliar with the topic.

I think the series leads to a paid class, but there are three free classes before that.

I had no idea I had an herb "type." My husband might get jealous...

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,640 admin

@Acequiamadre I think you will be so inspired by the mini introductory course that you will sign up for the full course. Herbs are not one size fits all and this is a great way to learn how to differentiate between herbs when you have several on a list that might do the job. Other forms of medicine such as Ayurveda and TCM have a different way of prescribing around heat or cold, wind or stagnation, dry or damp etc. Knowing which herbs have an affinity for assisting with these symptoms helps with the herb choice. The taste of the herb is an important component.

Good luck!

• Acequiamadre
    Acequiamadre Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

Thanks. It looks interesting. I have done some of their mini-courses in the past and part of the Plant Identification course on LearingHerbs which was very helpful for foraging.

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Acequiamadre I took the mini course too. I found it extremely enlightening, informative and a wonderful start. What about you?