WE have new REACTIONS? OOOOOH!

Ferg
Ferg Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

I was going to hit the Awsome button and I realized it now said "hug". So of course I had to actually read the rest of them to see what was new and exciting. SOoo cool.

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

Yes, @Merin Porter is just keeping us on our toes.

One good thing, there should be less accidental down votes & more awesomes, hugs & laughs around here. 😉

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

I did the same thing @Ferg. Pretty cool!

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

I am happy to have the hug reaction, but with social distancing (SD) a hug reaction just falls a little short of the real thing. There were too many people who were touch deprived before SD and now I think the problem is exponentially worse. Please don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing our new option of a hug. Rather I am lamenting the lack of real physical contact that has come about by SD.

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah! I love it!

• Ferg
    Ferg Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@tomandcara I was listening to David Crowe interview someone about the 'social distancing', and that person made a comment that helped me a lot. They said that they prefered to think of it as 'physical distancing', because socially we can be spiritually close even while not. And while physically giving a person a hug is a marvelous thing (actually there is a nurse who wrote 'how to give a hug in Covid19) oftentimes the people we are spiritually most close to are no where near us distance wise.

• tomandcara

Thank you @Ferg . The refraing to physical distancing does help a little. I wonder if there was a reason the term "social distancing" was chosen over "physical distancing"? I could go down quite a rabbit hole on that one, but I choose not to at this moment. @Feng, have a great day

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

@tomandcara so true. And I so took for granted hugging people. Yesterday while doing an errand I ran into someone I hadn't seen since before the lockdown. Air hugs while wearing masks and staying 6 feet apart just aren't the same.....

• tomandcara

@annbeck62 I have to admit there are many times that I am not socially or physically distancing. However there are times that I do "follow the rules" - work, church, and shopping in stores. Going to friends homes or having friends in our home, we ask them their preferences and follow them.