Splitting Paint Colors in a Room

Comments

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

I love that color, but I don't think I could have it on a wall. We painted an accent wall a dark blue. I was so worried it was going to be way too dark, but it is the perfect color and makes the fireplace pop! Thankful that my daughter is an artist and gives me suggestions on paint colors I would otherwise never try. This picture doesn't do it justice. The painting is one my husband commissioned my daughter to paint. It's a dahlia I grew one year. She painted it from a picture on a phone. Talented she is!

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@naomi.kohlmeier beautiful pix. my very fav flower/s, dinner plate dahlias!!!

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

Really like the blue room - the pink one is more my wife and daughters style.

I never thought of splitting colors in a room until I saw a house some friends of ours did. It really can bring out a room.

I must admit we still work to single colors in our house - but our house is small and the rooms small. Haven't figured out the paint schemes to 'enlarge' a room. :)

• herbantherapy
    herbantherapy Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭

All the paint, all the time!! My dining room has a split pain color scheme. The bottom half of the walls and an accent wall is called “Swan Nigra” it is the deepest purple nearly black. My dad and friend thought I was crazy, but loved the result. I used the same paint as an accent wall in my library. And I have a pale blue accent wall in my guest bedroom.

I don’t really have an opportunity to do a true split but I know I would in a heartbeat!!