I am sure that those of us experiencing a touch of cold now have colors starting to show around the Homestead.
Please share here!
I'll begin our parade of color. Up first is what I call my memory tree in honor of the baby I miscarried 18 years ago. Isn't it stunning? It is only half grown at approx. 20' wide & tall, and I just love popping its leaf stems off each fall. It gives the most pleasing sensation to my ADHD brain. 🥰
We went hiking the other day to this historic lookout hill what a hike! Lots of steep hills & obstacles (and community pasture cows), over the 4 miles, were met along the way. Sadly, it was just a bit too windy for canoeing. But we found lots of highbush cranberries to take home for jelly...little jewels of tasty goodness!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter