Fleas on cats
Hi friends! Our indoor kitty wound up with fleas (assuming they came from outside since we didnt have issues til we opened the windows and she lays in them).
And she has since spread them to her kitty bros and sisters.
First, we are headed to the vet Monday but I'm hoping for some info here.
We bathed in dawn, we dusted with DE, we've washed and treated anything fabric in the house, we applied an OTC topical.
Fleas laughed. Not an infestation but any means. We haven't found them anywhere but a couple here and there on the cats.
But still. Its insanely frustrating.
Vet said they use a 3 month topical called bravecto and will also give a tablet to kill anything currently on the cats (capstar).
Anyone have any experience with these? We have never dealt with fleas (and I've had animals my entire life) so this is just maddening for me.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter