How long do you take a herb/supplement for?
I decided to experiment with this over a week ago. I've been making a green smoothie every morning for over 12 months now. The reason I wanted to start with this was after much research, I needed to improve my digestion, mood and overall health. I found a product that I could incorporate into my breakfast smoothie mix to do just that. I also add powdered ashwaganda, astragalus, rhodiola and cinnamon. Last week I traveled to Sydney and decided to leave my "goodies" behind to see what difference it might make.
So I believe I could definitely feel the difference, digestion and especially mood! So when you read, take this for that etc, how long for? I realise that in cold/flu season you can take different herbs for that season but for overall wellness do you stick at it forever? Maybe vary the dose, interchange alternate days with different herbs. Does your body get used to the same old regime and it turns out your wasting money or effort. Or if you generally feel good, then you must be doing something right! Your thoughts please.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter