Basil seed saving advice?
I got some great tasting organic Basil from a local gardener, and though I would try an experiment to see if I could let it go to seed in a vase full of water. I think it worked?
I'm trying to learn more about saving seeds-- don't know very much right now. I've done tomatoes and that's about it.
Any advice or tips or tricks? What part are the seeds? I am really am new at this, so like the kids on the internet say, "Explain this like I am five years old."
Thank you for any encouragement you can offer!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter