Homemade pain salve
Finally got around to making my arnica oil salve. Have has it infusing for over 2 months now. Melted down my beeswax (Thank you to my cousin and his bees for providing me with plenty,) mixed with my oil and poured about half of it into small pots. Have been wanting to try a stick style for ease of application. Just happened to work out I had an empty deodorant tube, so I washed it good with soap and very warm water. Made sure I got all the remaining bits of deodorant out and got it good and clean.
Had not realized the base had holes in it. Took some of the cooled oil and wax mixture and coated the base with it. Turned it down into the tube and used a spatula to scoop more into it then finally poured some of the cooler mix into the tube. Doesn't appear to be leaking out into the bottom. I hope anyway.
Was wopndering if anyone had any experience using this style of twist tube and how you fill it without having the melted liquid leak out all over.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter