Chocolate Mint Fresh Roasted Coffee
Looked into growing coffee - didnt seem like my climate would allow me. But found a great wholesale source of green coffee that individuals could buy, not just professional roasters. My metal garden strainer is now doing double duty roasting my coffee in the oven.
And as I was enjoying the fresh roast, with its subtle chocolate flavor, also noticed a hint of mint in the flavor. So decided some crazy combining might be in order
Went out and picked some of my abundant chocolate mint growing around our backyard pond. Put it fresh in the bottom of the cup, and poured hot french press coffee over with a dash of milk and maple syrup. And heaven in a cup happened.
i feel sad for the poor souls stuck with artificial Christmas chocolate mint mochas at starbucks. The real thing is amazing. And never would have considered “mint tea” with coffee would work so well. Plus the mint seems to prevent any of the stomach upset coffee can create.
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter