What book(s) have inspired you?
I've recently had to 'endure' a 30 minute stillness twice/day, so I started rereading a book that previously had inspired me.. and it still does! I'm reading "Radical Homemakers" by Dr. Shannon Hayes. I love her descriptions of how society could (oughta?) be! how we can break away from the consumption mindset, and be producers. As a result, I'm asking my family to choose from a range of homemade gift options (like woven cotton napkins or herb salts or homemade cat toys)--things that are useful and practical, but still can be made with love and in the spirit of self-reliance. I plan to do very little actual "shopping" online, except for some things that I may get for my three kids and one DIL.
But with an hour a day in forced stillness (using a castor oil pack, if you're wondering why), I'll finish this book fairly quickly. So I have to ask my peeps--what books have inspired you??
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter