American Botanical Council Bulletin on Milk Thistle Adulterants
The American Botanical Council puts out bulletins to notify practitioners, patients, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers of plant products that may be adulterated with substances that are similar in appearance or action but not the actual product that is being marketed.
This one is regarding Milk Thistle. http://abc.herbalgram.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=47723.0&dlv_id=104956
This is one really good reason for making our own medicinal products.
We will post more of these articles as they are published as this is very important information to be aware of when purchasing products.
Thanks to @LaurieLovesLearning for bringing this up.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter