Unclaimed property? be careful of scams, but it IS really possible you have money out there
I got a letter in the mail about some unclaimed money I had from an insurance policy on a property I used to own in Florida years and years ago. I was dubious of course, and I've owned a lot of property in my life. The company offered to do all the filing for me and take 20% cut of the approximately $800 owed me. I did some surfing around and saw that the company looked legit, but also that the paperwork wasn't that difficult. So I decided to do the refund from the State on my own. I filled in the application and then forgot all about it.
I was surprised a few months later to get a check for the $800. Wow!
Here is a link to an organization that can help you search to see if you have any unclaimed property - this is for the US - my apologies for our Int'l members. If you have links for your countries please list them in the comments!
Hey, you may be rich and not know it! Ha, ha, be sure to buy something at The Grow Netowrk store to celebrate. (grin).
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter