My squash plant was covered with whiteflies, and the leaves were starting to turn yellow. So, I searched online for a natural solution, and found a garlic spray recipe on Epic Gardening's website. I cut off all the yellowing leaves, then sprayed it with the garlic spray. The next day, there was a noticeable reduction in the number of whiteflies.
I have to stop expecting immediate results with a take-a-pill or grab-an-insecticide mentality. It does take patience and requires remembering to spray the leaves every day until the pests are gone, but it is working.
Does anyone else have a favorite natural remedy for whiteflies and aphids?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter