Does anyone dehydrate milk?
I saw a you tube video by Sweet Adjeley( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymm1RUxwyVc) about how to dehydrate milk.
I never know you could! My brain says "You can't dehydrate a liquid, it will just run through your trays"!
Sweet Adjeley shows you how, it was great, I have been trying to come up with ways to have milk in long term storage, we're not a fan of the boxed/shelve stable milks.
She shows how to cook, spend the thicken milk onto trays, cut into small strips, cover and place in the sun, oven or dehydrator (she uses the sun), how long to dry it and what it should look and feel like, then how to make a powder. Adding this one to the long list of things I want to try!
If anyone would like the info, if you can't get the you tube, etc I can post it..
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter