Another cold-fighting soup
So I had just got a couple of lovely eggplants from a farmstand, and a fresh batch of chicken broth in my fridge, and was trying to decide what to do with them. I remembered I had tried this eggplant soup a while ago and thought it was good. Here it is.
I made it again yesterday, and it was very good, but what struck me this time was how full of cold-fighting ingredients it was- lots of onion, garlic, cayenne, oregano, turmeric, and ginger.
The first time I made it with the chicken meat, and yesterday I skipped it because I was serving it with a roast chicken. Both ways were good. I skipped the cornstarch both times, and it didn't seem to hurt it. Also, I substituted coconut milk for the half-and-half; with all those spices, you couldn't tell the difference.
Anyhow, I highly recommend the recipe, and it's a great way to get in your herbs and spices.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter