Global Seed Summit

MaryRowe
MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

I apologize if some one else has already posted this--seems like they would, as I'm always late to find out about these things...😏....but I can't find another post on it....

The Urban Farm is offering free access to a Global Seed Summit Nov. 17-20, and it looks pretty good.

https://www.urbanfarm.org/courses/global-seed-summit/

Comments

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan on attending! It looks great and seed saving is such an important activity to add to our lives

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also am extremely excited about this summit. Although, I will have to miss the first 2 days. I will be in an area that has no cell service or internet access. Hopefully, they will offer a replay.

• AngelaOston
    AngelaOston Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

With monsanto monopolies on seeds. Small growers with viable seeds is some of the most important work for the future.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its so important to save seeds, for our future and other generations.

I also like to watch the vegetable adapt to the climate it grows in from saved seeds.

• Sydarta
    Sydarta Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

Thanks @MaryRowe for posting about this, I had not heard anything about it and am not familiar with any of the presenters, and it looks fascinating. There are so many seminars and courses competing for our attention these days, it's difficult to choose where to spend valuable time- seeds are definitely worthy. I am excited to feel empowered with knowledge and actual practical steps to take!

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

@Sydarta Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling just a bit overwhelmed by all the seminars, summits, workshops, etc. out there. I have pretty much given up on trying to keep up with all the alternative health care events going on. But I've done a couple of these Urban Farm events, and while the individual presentations can vary in quality, overall the emphasis is on simple, inexpensive and practical applications that can work as well in a suburban yard or on a larger homestead. They're not as good as our GrowNetwork summits of course, but I always come away with some new ideas to try. 😉

• Hassena
    Hassena Posts: 345 ✭✭✭

Love this! Thanks for sharing @MaryRowe 😃

• SherryA
    SherryA Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

I didn't know about this. Thanks for posting!

This Week's Leaders