Has anyone here built a rocket stove or uses one?
My furnace has broken for the 4th time - same problem. I have set up temporary heat but if there is a chance and time I would like to ge a rocket stove in. I like those that have a bench and take up a cornar. I do have a place one will work I just need to get a design and see how how long it will take. We are heading in to our cold season.
I do have a wood stove/coal combination stove I could use but if I am not home i cannot expect my mother to tend to it. A rocket stove being so efficient I could leave home and not worry.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 515 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter