Anybody seeing new shortages?
I noticed the last two weeks that the fresh veggies at our Trader Joe's seemed of poor quality and picked over. Also, they were running low on several packaged items. Never seen that before. My visit to our Fred Meyer Monday afternoon revealed not only several fresh veggies absent or in short supply - because of the California fires, a display sign said - but also a number of holes or noticeably thin spots in a variety of areas, espeically soups, flours, canned beans, certain canned veg, a variety of frozen veg, tortillas and rice. All prepper foods. Signs restricting purchases of Kleenex and some cleaning/sanitizing supplies also made another appearance. Are we seeing another wave of stockpiling starting up? Or more supply chain disruptions? Or maybe both? Anybody else notice the return of unusual happenings at their local grocery stores? Any thoughts?
This Week's Leaders
- 605 All Categories
- 23 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 31 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 234 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 400 Current Events & Breaking News
- 1.1K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.3K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 427 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 349 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 316 The Homestead: DIY
- 960 Personal Journals
- 82 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter