Living in a zone 5B climate my cleanup and fall prep will be different from many. And as always I am behind, particularly on huge projects.
My 15 by 45 foot greenhouse is sitting in a pile. The main hangup is getting land leveled to put it in. I had a place selected but is too close the the gas line right of way and any other almost flat area does not have the right sun angle.
We have 7 nice days ahead of us. The snow we had yesterday is melting sop I have to set a rigid schedule and get to it. Nice means above 50 and no rain.
My greenhouse area needs leveled so I plan to barter to get that done. The house needs set up and heating moved in. I do have a wood stove but would like to heat as naturally as possible. I also want to stack uses in the greenhouse.
Compost for heating, Rabbits for composting material?
Trying aquaculture under the one benches for compost tea and different veggies that can be grown year round?
I am not a winter fan so greenhouses make me feel like I live in a warmer climate.
Oh - there has to be room for a hammock in my greenhouse
The greenhouse has to be set up in one week, alone with outdoor clean up so live should be an adventure
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter